My first byline in the Washington Post, is in today's print piece. Join us for a live chat today at noon. Click on the image below to go to the article online. Please drop a comment there, tweet it, post it on Facebook. Share it with your favorite chef.
I was surprised and delighted to see my words paired with Barbara Kafka's recipes. A friend said "It's like the BEST blind date EVER!" Then I reminded her I met my husband on a blind date...okay Barbara, you have to share that honor. I hope you understand.
Check out these resources
- Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network - Chef Cards you can download and customize cards to help communicate clearly about your allergies.
- The transcript of the Washington Post "Free Range" chat including many questions on food allergies.
- Allergic Girl - Sloane Miller, AKA Allergic Girl, is a consultant. I love that her message includes "joy" - food allergies can be a bummer, it's good to remember joy.
- Ming Tsai - Chef Tsai has been instrumental in getting Massachusetts ground-breaking legislation passed. He has many resources on his site, here.
- My Tips for Diners - if you have food allergies and are heading out to eat, stop here first.
- Hidden food allergens - these are just a few unexpected places where allergens might be hiding. Here is another, more comprehensive list of where the 8 top allergens may be lurking.
What are your favorite tips for dining out with food allergies?