A friend asked me about favorite products to send to foodies on your gift list. I tossed off this quick list of five and thought I may as well share it here for those of you not following my every twitch on social media. I buy mail order for some things and these are terrific companies that are well worth supporting. I use these myself and have been enriched by support from some of them as sponsors at one time or another. Readers know that I only have sponsors that I shop from, that I support.
1. Katz Farm Table - so good you can drink them. Perfect for mignonettes, salads, try the honey Viognier on roasted veg.
2. Koda Farms - A California Farming Legacy Since 1928 - foodies will know they were called best brown rice by NYT Mark Bittman, their barley is the best you will try and look at this gorgeous heirloom varietal white rice. This is the rice I dream of and I most often use. Much lower than industry standard for broken grains.
3. Pasolivo Olive Oil - heirloom varietal olive oils, and some pressed with various citrus grown right next to their olives. I've baked their Bergamot Olive oil into these fantastic brownies, and their Lime Oil into this Margarita Bundt cake.
4. ILoveBLueSea.com - low flat rate shipping of pristine seafood from small family operations and sustainable fisheries. Great oyster selection, too! Take a look at these Dungeness Crabs I got from them.
5. Askinosie Chocolate - terrific single origins the ex lawyer founder is mission driven and partners with the growers to go way beyond fair trade. Ab fab. Here are the brownies mentioned above - I think I used Soconusco chocolate and the Pasolivo Bergamot oil.