Shucking and Slurping
TJ Douglas knocked it out of the park with the pairings:
- Wellfleets (Crassostrea Virginicas) welcomed our guests paired with a sparkling Gruner Veltliner.
- Urban Hops' Ben Bouton chose a Leipziger Gose to pair with Sunken Meadows (Crassostrea Virginicas) from Eastham.
- Kiapara (Crassostrea Gigas) from New Zealand were paired with Bride of the Fox Saké.
- Kumamotos (Crassostrea Sikamea) from Totten Inlet Washington paired with light Sicilian red: Cos Frappato.
- and we ended with Pangea's own Standish Shore (Crassostrea Virginicas)from Duxbury. This was paired with an intense new gin from the Schwarzwald, Germany's Black Forest.
I shared some thoughts on the oysters, sustainability, merrroir, demonstrated how to shuck with our Oyster Century Club shucking knife, and chatted with new members. Good time had by all!
Follow the hashtag #oyster100 to see news of upcoming tastings and tweetups.
Thanks to Boston Raw Bar, Pangea Shellfish and the Whole Urban Grape team for a delicious and eye-opening evening!
and you know me, if some is good, more is better...
my night cap:
Sweet dreams indeed. See you at our next event!