What's not to love? BBQ, Blues, Brews? The Fourth Annual Summer Brewfest takes place at Indian Ranch (Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg - really - that's the name) on Saturday, August 27 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Are you a fan of Craft brews? Just want a fun excuse to get out of the city? Hankering for some Barbecue?
I've got you covered. We're giving away a pair of tickets to the Fourth Annual Summer Brewfest. Enter a comment sharing your favorite craft brew and why you like it. I'll use the random number generator to draw one winner on Thursday August 25th so you have time to make your weekend plans.
Lots of Brewers - Big and Small
Participants at Brewfest will have the opportunity to sample local, regional and international micro-brews, craft beers and malt beverages:
- Sam Adams, Harpoon, Narragansett, Sierra Nevada, Guinness and Red Hook Brewery.
- Joining the familiar favorites are these microbrews & craft brewers: Worcester’s own Wormtown Brewery, Blue Hills Brewery, Wachusett Brewery, 50 Back American Lager, Ipswich Ale, Paper City Brewery, Watch City Brewing Company and Sherwood Forest.
- But wait, there's more: Magic Hat and Long Trail Ale, Maine brewers Peak Organic and Geary Brewing, Woodstock Inn from New Hampshire and Olde Burnside from Connecticut.
- Still not convinced you'll find something to sip? National brewers taking part in Summer Brewfest include Widmer Brothers from Oregon, Kona Brewing Company from Hawaii, and Goose Island from Illinois.
- International brews include Estrella from Spain and Innis & Gunn from Scotland.
- In addition, Malt Beverages Woodchuck Cider, Jeremiah Weed and Mike’s Hard Lemonade also will be available at the festival.
More than Beer
Summer Brewfest is more than just beer. From paddle boat rides to pole-ish horseshoes, fun and games will be in full swing on the beach at Indian Ranch. The Racky Thomas Band, (traditional Chicago blues, acoustic country blues, and gospel sounds) will perform throughout the afternoon.
And what is a Brewfest without food? You know we love BBQ around here. Check out our BBQ Bonanza for great recipes and prizes like Silk Road sauce trios, OXO grill tools and more.
Brewfest eats will include: BT’s Smokehouse in Sturbridge, voted one of the Top Ten BBQ Joints in New England by the Boston Globe, dishing up Southern BBQ. In addition, perennial favorite Tiny Tim’s Café and Catering will be serving food pulled pork and
other grilled items and the Uxbridge First Night Committee will be selling Del's Lemonade and Loaded Baked Potatoes.
Summer Brewfest takes place Saturday, August 27 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Less than an hour's drive from Boston, Providence and Springfield, Indian Ranch is located at 200 Gore Road in Webster, MA.
Tickets are $20 prior to before August 13, and $25 thereafter.
All concerts at Indian Ranch are rain or shine.
Call or Click for more info. Admission includes 15 samplings, souvenir cup, music from the Racky Thomas Band, some activities. Some activities like the paddle boats have an additional fee. Food is additional as well.
➽ Enter a comment sharing your favorite craft brew and why you like it. I'll use the Random Number Generator to pick one commenter to win two tickets. Alternately, enter a comment explaining what the name of the lake means and in what language. Each separate comment equals a chance to win.